1.1.12

2012

A quick recap back from 2010, it's been one hell of a year! There are some points where I broke down and so fucked up. Started with a life-changing-decision to move back to Indonesia due to visa problem, then started to continue working as graphic designer and try new career as photographer. Work 24/7 underpaid. 2010 was a rough year.

Graduated from university back in mid-2010 and it was such a burden to get a job with fair salary. It was hard to adapt with how people work and think here. I started working as graphic designer in one of local magazine back in my hometown in late 2010. Extremely difficult. I remember asked my colleagues about design-related question at the time and their answers killed my expectations. I knew I couldn't go further if I stayed, so I moved.

I started 2011 with a full-time job as personal assistant of Nicoline Patricia Malina. Not an easy job but I survived. I've met new people, making new friendships, had some haters here and there and have a better understanding on how things work here, know better on people's characteristic and how to deal with it, It was priceless.

Numbers of things that I wanna do within 2012, hopefully by the end of the year I can cross every single point that I listed here. Here goes the list.

• Taking my master in communication at any university within UK. Actually I just wanna go to UK.
• Publish all of my portfolio shoot, re-edit old pictures and stop procrastinating.
• Shoot for national and international magazine
• Represented by an agency
• Receive an award related with design and photography
• Vacation with mom and my brother, without laptop and internet
• Being more social and punctual
• Organize my own solo photography exhibition
• Stop thinking to go back to work at any graphic or advertising agency (unless they provide really good salary and allowed me to work with shorts and slipper)
• Learn how to walk on heels
• Be nicer with BB and my electronic stuff and pay more attention to my car
• Have a better facial-control and stop being so obvious that I hate someone.
• No more junk food and lose weight as mom promised that she will buy me full closet of new clothes if I can copy Kate moss' figure. Smart mom, she knows that it's not gonna happen.
• Started to use marker again and do more manual drawing
• Sleep more, at least 6 hours every day. I've been living in such a sleepless life lately
• Stop breaking the specs. I've bought countless-pair of glasses and last less than a week
• Try to get my life back

May you have a prosper year ahead. Happy new year!

No comments: